Summer Face Covering Requirements - Updated Aug. 2, 2021
Effective August 2, 2021, all Bridgestone Retail Operations (BSRO) teammates – regardless of their vaccination status – are required to wear a face covering or mask, and social distance while at work.
Teammates are asked to wear a mask at all times while working unless (1) it is unsafe to wear the face covering while performing a service, or (2) the teammate has received an accommodation due to a documented health condition.
For Service Department teammates only: Teammates may remove their face covering when working alone in segregated spaces such as a car bay where they do not come within six feet of others. However, Service Department teammates must continue to comply with the Summer Face Covering Requirement in the following situations:
1. When inside a Boss’s vehicle.
2. When working in proximity (6 ft.) of another Teammate or Boss or when unable to maintain a safe social distance.
3. When a Teammate is escorting a member of the public into the shop area.
4. Escort must stop at the door and call out “Customer in the shop,” directing all other Teammates to wear a mask until the customer exists the area.
5. When local law mandates that Teammates wear a face covering.
6. When leaving the Service Department area.