Face Covering Requirement FAQs
1. Why is Bridgestone Retail Operations updating its mask/face covering policy?
The CDC recently recommended that fully vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a mask or social distance indoors under most circumstances. We are updating our policy in accordance with these guidelines, subject to any local requirements. For customers who choose not to come into the store, we will continue to provide Safer Services such as Curbside Drop-off.
2. Who is required to wear a face covering in your stores?
In accordance with CDC guidelines, teammates and customers who have been fully vaccinated no longer need to wear a mask or face covering, or social distance in our stores unless required by law. Customers and teammates who are partially vaccinated or unvaccinated are required to continue wearing a mask and social distancing while at our stores.
3. What if I’m unvaccinated and choose not to wear a face covering in the store?
Unvaccinated customers who choose not to wear a face covering are asked to utilize our Curbside Drop-off and Contact-Free services.
4. I went to a BSRO store and the employees weren’t wearing a face covering. Are they required to wear them?
Employees who are vaccinated against COVID-19 and have updated their vaccination status with the Company are no longer required to wear a mask or face covering while working at the store unless required by local law.
5. If I need a face covering or mask, will you still provide them?
All BSRO locations are supplied with disposable face coverings for our customers. When you arrive at the store, please ask our employees for a disposable face covering to use during your visit.
6. How is Bridgestone reducing risks at its retail stores?
We are staying up to date and closely following guidance from the CDC as well as local, state and federal health officials so that we can quickly adapt our virus prevention measures as needed.
7. How many customers and employees are allowed in the front, customer service area of the store at one time?
With the updated guidance from the CDC and vaccination rates continuing to rise, we have removed our restriction on the number of customers and employees allowed in the front shop of our stores unless required by local law. We ask that unvaccinated customers and employees still wear a mask and social distance when visiting our locations.
8. Are BSRO employees required to wear any other COVID PPE (besides a mask)?
BSRO employees may wear gloves when working if they choose, but they are not required. As a best practice, technicians are still asked to use steering wheel and seat covers while working in a customer’s vehicle.
9. What is your Curbside Drop-Off Service offering?
Curbside Drop-Off services allow customers to drop-off their vehicle in a designated area and call the store to discuss their vehicle needs. Once the vehicle is ready, it will be cleaned and sanitized before return. Customers can also pay for their transaction over the phone.
10. What are your Contact-Free Services?
Contact-Free services are vehicle services that can be completed without the customer leaving their vehicle. Contact your local BSRO store for more details.
Customers with additional questions regarding our store face covering requirement and COVID-19 response should call 1-844-293-7514.